Monday, February 17, 2014

Evan James: 4 month stats

Evan turned four months old yesterday.

Excuse me for a second while I go rock myself in the corner whilst curled up in a fetal position.

Okay, moving on.

My baby is four months, so today I took him for his well visit and vaccinations. Here are my sweet love's stats for growth:

Height: 25 inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 14 lbs. 6 oz. (45th percentile)
Head Circumference: 50th percentile

Here are the stats for the other three at four months:

Stella B:
Weight: 12 lbs., 14 oz.  (50th percentile)
Height: 24.5 inches (55th percentile)
Head Circumference: 40.1 cm (35th percentile)


Liam:
Height: 25.5 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 15 lbs, 11 oz (75th percentile)
Head Circumference: 43.2 cm (75th percentile)


Nora:
Weight: 11 lbs., 13 oz. (20th percentile)
Height: 24 inches long (45th percentile)

Much like I assumed, Evan is bigger than my girls but not quite as big as Liam was! Liam was definitely my chunkier boy. And Nora was always my tiny little peanut. 

At four months, Evan is definitely coming into his own little personality.  He is very content and is a cheerful little fellow. He smiles easily, loves to coo, and can carry on quite a "conversation."  He has recently discovered his voice and loves to hear himself talk and squeal. 

He nurses pretty much exclusively, although he has taken a bottle a few times. We nurse about six to seven times each day, including his dream feed right before I go to bed and there are some evenings where I feed him in clusters before his bedtime at 8:30ish.  Evan naps a few times a day and typically takes a long afternoon nap for 2.5 hours or so! It's fabulous because I am able to have a few quiet moments to myself or get some housework done or spend time homeschooling Nora. He loves to play on the floor or in his bouncy seat, and he is often being held by Nora or Liam (or Stella but that lasts about five seconds).  Also, he's at the stage where everything goes in his mouth.  As I type this, he's in the bouncy seat beside me chewing on some linking letters and talking away. 

We love our little Squish and his big bald head! I just love every minute we get with him and he's brought so much joy to all of us. I will post some much needed pictures once we get our. On our computer back up and running!

No comments: