Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Six Months Old!

This blog post is long overdue as I have not updated pictures of Evan since just after his surgery in December. My boy was two months old at the time of his cleft repair, and lo and behold, here we are with a six month old! How the days are flying by!

 Life with four children is wonderful and wonderfully busy, so things like blogging and laundry and washing my hair don't get done as much as they should. Also, there are conversations I have had that I just simply cannot remember as things seem to get lost in my brain some days. I would say that the transition from three kids to four has been really smooth for the most part, but it's just a constant state of busy and going that makes things harder. I am so thankful that we have been mostly healthy this winter and that the school year is winding down as we are all looking forward to lazy summer days of playing and being outside.
Evan went last week for his six month well visit and here are his stats:
Height: 27 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 16 lbs., 9 oz. (45th percentile)
Head Circumference: 44.2 cm

Here are his siblings' stats at six months (for fun):
Stella--
Height: 26 inches (70th percentile)
Weight: 15 lbs., 3 oz. (45th percentile)
Head Circumference: 42.7 cm (50-75th percentile)

Nora--
Height: 25 1/4 inches (45th percentile)
Weight: 14 lbs., 5 oz. (25th percentile)

Liam--
Height: 26 3/4 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 18 lbs, 2 oz. (60th percentile)

This just goes to show how different they all are! Liam was a whole 1.5 lbs bigger than Evan at this point! Geez, what a chunker he was!

Evan has to be hands down the best baby in the world. He is so content and sweet and snuggly. He is rarely fussy or hard to care for. My only complaint is that he is growing to fast! (And, he refuses to take a bottle). However, the kindness of the Lord is not lost on me as I specifically see how there was a day when I thought I would never be able to breastfeed him because of his cleft lip, and now he nurses exclusively and refuses to take the bottle. So, it's kinda funny how the tables have turned. I figure that since he's my last baby, I better enjoy the extra snuggly nursing time we have together and at most I'll be nursing him for another six months so it's not too much longer. Here are some pics of Evan over the past two months or so. As you can see he's been growing a ton and his lip continues to heal and look AMAZING!



Life as the baby means that some days we don't get naps except while in the car!

This super hero is snuggling with his big sister!


Evan's first sink bath at the beach condo over Spring Break 2014

Daddy was in heaven as he got to snuggle a sleepy boy on the beach.

The Bradshaw Four




Getting ready to go watch Liam play t-ball.

Talking to Geegaw

Sitting with Momma at the ball field.

Boy time.

Evan and Liam hang out in Liam's room often while I put Stella down for her nap.


This was earlier....may at 4 months old.

Again, an earlier picture.  You can see here how his lip is a bit more drawn up than in the newer pictures.


 



Definitely not so sure about the Bumbo seat.  Three months old.

No comments: